Tuesday, June 13, 2006

workout update


I've had a membership at the Tallmadge Recreation Center for about a month now. I try to go about three days a week. I really enjoying going on mornings that I have off or go in to work late.
Today was my personal best on the treadmill:
  • 4.37 miles
  • 64 minutes
  • 13.37 minute mile (my first mile)
  • 1000 calories burned
It's starting to be like a competition with myself. I start out thinking, "gee, if I can do 30 minutes that would be great." Then once I get to that 30, I decided that I might as well get to 45, then 45 minutes become an hour.

So now that I've been doing this for about a month, I think it might stick. I now have lots more energy and am sleeping so much better. And I've set some goals for myself:
  • a 10 minute mile by the end of the summer
  • lose 31 more pounds by the end of the year
  • continue to eat better

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am proud of you, too. When did you begin your diet? And, what does your diet consist of besides the carrots I have seen you eating. Guess what? I had a Pepsi today. Must put myself on punishment.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home