Tuesday, February 28, 2006

happy birthday greg


Today is Greg's 34th birthday. He was nearly a leap year baby. If he had been, I guess technically I would be robbing the cradle. But alas, he was not and still remains older than me. In honor of this special day, I thought that I would list some words that describe my friend, my partner, my true love:
comforting, compassionate, loving, intelligent, thoughtful, honest, considerate, handsome, funny, clever, adorable, huggable, remarkable, insightful, responsible, hard-working. There are so many more words that describe this incredible man. Feel free to add your own by commenting on this blog.
We are all so fortunate to have Greg in our lives. Through his example every day, he makes me want to be a better more thoughtful and caring person. For this, and for so many other reasons, I'm glad that he has chosen to spend his life with me. We may not be able to marry, but our bond is just as strong as those who are permitted to. Years from now, I hope that people will understand the true discrimination of not allowing two adults the honor, privilege and benefit of marriage.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike, what a loving and wonderful tribute to Greg!
Greg is fantastic and I am so glad I've had the chance to get to know him. Greatest sense of humor, smart, terrific taste in TV, movies and music, so sweet and caring. Plus, very pretty eyes and eyelashes! We are all better because we have him in our lives!

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna wish you a merry birthday, I wanna wish you a merry birthday, I wanna wish you a merry birthday, from the bottom of my heart... oh, wait, that was feliz navidad... *shrug* Happy Birthday G-R-E-G.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the first time I met Greg and thinking what a great guy. I was so thankful that my wonderful friend Mike had met someone that would bring such well deserved happiness to his life. What I never anticiapted is how much happiness Greg would bring to my life. I realized last night when we were all out celebrating that I laugh the most and am the happiest when I'm with my 3 best friends....Michele, Mike and Greg......I'm a lucky girl :)

9:25 AM  
Blogger Brett said...

Well please tell Greg HAPPY (Belated) BIRTHDAY! We didn't know :-)

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home