Monday, April 03, 2006

house husband


On my occasional week days off, I like to play house husband. Truth be told, I wouldn't mind making it my permanent career. My dad was up for the weekend visiting. My two nieces Rebbeca and Macy both have birthdays around this time, so dad likes to come up for the occasion. I took him back to the airport this morning and then went into full house husband mode.
My first mission, find some nice canisters for our new and healthier breakfast routine. We were watching the new Real Simple television show, based on the magazine of the same name, on PBS this weekend. One of the segments was on quick and healthier breakfasts on-the-go. They suggest popping a whole grain waffle in the toaster, slathering it with peanut butter and adding toppings such as dried fruits and nuts. By golly that sounded “real simple.” And it gave me an excuse to buy some canisters to store the dried fruit and nuts in. They’re cute, found them at World Market. They are glass with a little “blackboard” area on the front to label the contents with the chalk provided. Best of all, they were only $3.99 each.
Second mission, grocery shopping for dinner. Tonight’s recipe: Vegetable Lasagna. I picked up the ingredients at Giant Eagle and DeViti’s. DeViti’s is an italian market in North Hill. It’s well known in the Akron area. I picked up a big jar of their own pasta sauce for the lasagna.
After grocery shopping, I stopped by the garden center for a walk about. I love spring, because I love to play in the flower beds and grow my own herbs. Today, I picked up a bunch of pansies to brighten up the front flower bed of the house. This is the last spring that our shutters and front door will be blue, so I decided to go very blue with the pansies.
So, so far it’s been a pretty busy yet relaxing day. Next up, I’m going to make some blondies and prep the lasagna so I can have dinner on the table when Greg gets home from work.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are in fact a gay gay man...

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home