Monday, April 17, 2006

augusten's new book


One of my most favorite authors, Augusten Burroughs, will be releasing his new book on May 2. Possible Side Effects is the title. If you go to his web site you can download the first chapter, Pest Control, which details his first encounter with the tooth fairy. It's a lot of fun, and a very quick read. That's Mr. Burroughs in the photo (photo props to my friend Patty at work) up there with me. (Baldies Rule!) He spoke at the Library, where I work, last November. It was a real thrill to meet him. I got to drive him back to the airport too. He's a very funny man. A movie based on his first book, Running with Scissors, is currently being made into a movie starring Alec Baldwin, Gwyneth Paltrow and Annette Bening.

3 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

Crazy...i bet that was really neat spending time with Augusten Burroughts!

I just finished reading running w/ scissors and am doing a few post about it this week...

I think you'd enjoy them. I am very curious about how the movie will turn out.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who took that stunning photo of you two?

6:57 PM  
Blogger michael said...

a photo credit has been added :)

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home